Thursday 19 January 2012

Pigs and wild things



i haven't blogged for a while, partly because i have no idea what i'm blogging about. I'm taking sculpture this term, which is really fun. I get to torment pieces of metal with the plasma cutter and blow torch, drills, rivets, plaster, casting...i can't show any images of what i've made because my camera won't work, i did however manage to snap some pictures of a couple of collage/ sketchbook pieces i've been working on as a basis for my new obsession in mythology and mask making.

I want to explore the themes within mythology, looking at the same time at costume and mask within the realm of the surreal. I want to find the connection between human and play, human and the animal and human and myth...hopefully maybe try out some performance ideas aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment