Tuesday 20 March 2012

Point

I attended two performance workshops, one on Friday and one today and I think they were really beneficial, i got so much from them and it's definatley made me more confident on performance as a medium.
As part of the workshop we had to come up with a performance piece to show today. We were given a strategy and material as ideas although we didn't have to follow them, i used my strategy which was "divert attention" I showed this through pointing. I think the whole thing was quite strange, me, standing in a public space, in a zebra mask, pointing...maybe a bit surreal?
I got really good feedback which was awesome. There was definatley an element of fun and a sense of play in the whole idea, and the invited audience really interacted with it which i thought interesting, moving my arm to point in a different direction or standing behind me mimicking my pointing. Even though the mask was purely a way to hide myself, it became the piece and the pointing side of it wasn't as important...especially since i wasn't pointing at anything in particular.
A success? I definatley think so. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and who knows i may experiment with the idea some more in different locations.




x

1 comment:

  1. likeeee your blog dear,
    keep posting and go for it!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete