Thursday 8 December 2011

Illustrated fairy tale

Today my plan was to go to uni, return my library book and buy a new sketchbook...however my plans fell through when one of my best friends asked me to tell her a story. I have a bit of a wild imagination and come up with weird stories alot and normally just for the sake of it. But Maddi's studying illustration in London and wanted something she could illustrate. I can't wait to see what she comes up with for my slightly dark and gothic fairy tale.

(image on the left Shaun tan)



I'm studying fine art but a lot of my favourite work to look at are illustrations. Shaun Tan's a recent favourite and Maddi's a fan of Benjamin Lacombe.(image to the right and at the bottom)Both are quite dark but so beautiful.




The stories in a very fragmented state currently but hopefully i can share it with you one day if you're willing to hear it.


It's windy and cold outside and i'm trying to avoid going out...but my library books due back today so its either risk a fine or risk getting a cold :/ oh decisions!









No comments:

Post a Comment